Hello! And welcome to the wonderful world of theatre. In order for Mr. Tromborg and Mrs. Koch, our dramatic theatre teachers, to see your amazing talent and potential, they are asking you to submit a video of yourself performing a monologue of your choice. You can also use one of the monologues sent to you on your acceptance letter to RSA.
By looking at the student’s video we can identify which theatre class/section the student should be placed in. (And it also lets us see your potential talent for the coming year as we are in process of picking our plays and musicals to perform.)
Here are some guidelines to help you showcase your best work:
- The monologue needs to be memorized and should come from a published play.
- The length the monologue should range between 1:30 (one minute thirty) seconds and 2 minutes.
- Before the acting of the monologue, you should state your name, the name of the play, the name of the author and the name of the character. That’s all – nothing more.
- The camera position should capture the student from the knees up.
- The video should be filmed in “landscape” mode or horizontally.
- Please dress in a professional manner, and make sure we can see your face.
This audition video should be sent to:
OR If you don’t have access to a phone camera, you can turn your video in using Flipgrid, which uses your computers camera and microphone. Here is the log-in information: https://flipgrid.com/koch7322
Please email us the answers to the following questions:
- Your full name and ID#
- The name of the Middle School you are currently attending.
- Any previous acting work you have taken. You can list plays you have been in or worked on as a techie. You can also list the classes you have taken at your middle school or elsewhere.
If you have any questions or confusions, please email us.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us. We are excited for you to be a Roughrider! And welcome to the Roosevelt Theatre Arts Department!
Mr. Tromborg & Mrs. Koch